The Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center (PABIC) was established at Latif Ebrahim Jamal National Science Information Center, University of Karachi under the patronage of International Service for Acquisition of Agri-Biotech Applications (ISAAA) and National Commission on Biotechnology. The initiative of the establishment of Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center is an attempt to initiate multidisciplinary research and enhance the awareness and appreciation of biotechnology at the local and international levels.
Pakistan has several good institutions currently working on various aspects of biotechnology. There are a number of universities which offer various degrees in this discipline. However there is a serious lack of appreciation of biotechnology at the public and industrial levels. Coordination and exchange of information amonging institution and practitioners of biotechnology is less then adequate. Therefore there is a need of a resource center in Pakistan which can serve as a hub to disseminate information, to support the collaborative efforts and to develop a network of institutions and Individuals working in this field.
Aims and Objectives:
- To Launch of Biotechnology based information programs.
- To create awareness in public sector, education sector, and industrial sector.
- To provide first time learning services using the latest learning technologies that can be emulated by educational institute.
- To disseminate of information.
- To exchange ideas relevant to judicious use of biotechnological innovation.
- To educate and raise awareness about the biotechnology.
- To focus on presenting / discussing key issues affecting the industry.
ISAAA Brief 44-2012 Translated Version